Sunday, January 8, 2012

Leaves of Grass

Our little weekend excursion is coming up, I'm excited! Hope to see lots of lovely punk faces in Appleton, Milwaukee, and Fort Wayne.
So some nice folks have had some nice things to say about us recently, and I figured I would post them up on here. Thanks bunches!





"This is what you shall do: Love the earth and the sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to everyone that asks, stand up for the stupid and the crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence towards people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown to any man or number of men... re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body."
-Walt Whitman,


3 comments:

  1. you guys deserve every bit of praise anyone can give you. best band in michigan currently =)


    hugz

    johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me, the first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into new tongue.

    Any chance of/thoughts on shows in Canada in the future (Toronto, specifically)?

    Your self-titled album was my number 1 of 2011. (http://themorass.blogspot.com/2012/01/2011-year-of-grind.html - though I really need to fucking fix that shit up. Hungover writing doesn't come out that well sometimes.)

    Well fucking done.

    Thank you.

    -d.

    ReplyDelete